eSewa is the first online payment gateway of Nepal, licensed by Nepal Rastra Bank in 2009. With this digital wallet, one can send and receive money, and pay bills instantly using their mobile phone with an internet connection. Using eSewa mobile/web application one can easily recharge the mobile phones, pay electricity and telephone bills, book online travel tickets, pay school/college fee and so on.
How to create an eSewa account?
To register in eSewa, you have three options. They are:
- Using a mobile phone
- Using web
- Offline register
Creating eSewa account using mobile phone
To create an eSewa account using mobile phone, complete the following steps:
- Download eSewa App
- Go to play store( for Android) or AppStore (for iPhone) and download the eSewa app. You can simply search using the keyword ‘eSewa’.
- Open the app and tap on Login/Register and then tap ‘Register for free’.
- There, you will be asked to fill various fields including your full name, gender, mobile number, email address and so on. Be aware while filling up the information and don’t use any fake credentials as you will be required to verify the account later using original documents.
- Verify your account using the verification code sent to your mobile number.
- Now you will be asked to create the MPIN. Remember this code as this will be your primary code to access your account and perform transactions.
- Congratulations! Your account is set up and you are ready to go.
Creating eSewa account using web
To create an eSewa account using web, observe the following procedure:
- Go to your browser and search for www.esewa.com.np in your address bar.
- You will be taken to the dashboard where you will see the option to register. Click on the ‘Register’ option from there.
- You need to fill in the details of your email address and your phone number.
- Now, eSewa will send a verification link to your email address. So, go to your email inbox and verify the email by clicking ‘confirm’ button.
- Now click on the ‘close’ option and fill your personal details.
- Create your password and MPIN. Note that, your MPIN will be used only on mobile but the password can be used to access the account both from mobile and web.
- Congratulations! your account is set up and is ready to go.
Creating eSewa Account offline
- Go to your messaging app.
- Type “Reg” and Send SMS to 32121.
- You will receive your eSewa ID and you can do the further settings accordingly.
Verifying eSewa account
To get access to the full services of eSewa, you need to verify your account by completing the KYC procedures. You can verify it using a mobile phone or the web.
Why eSewa verification?
After KYC verification, you will be able to:
- Perform transaction above Nrs 5000 per day.
- Transfer money to member banks at a minimal charge.
- Receive money directly into eSewa account from the Western Union.
eSewa verification using a mobile phone/App
Perform the following steps to verify your eSewa account using your mobile phone:
- Go to your eSewa app and log in using your credentials.
- Tap on your profile image and click on ‘my information’.
- Fill in your personal details and upload the copy of your identity card (citizenship/passport) along with your passport-sized photo.
- Confirm submission and you will get your account verified within 48 hours of document submission.
eSewa verification using web
Proceed as below to verify your eSewa account using web:
- Go to www.esewa.com.np and log into your eSewa account.
- At the top right corner, you will see the profile option, click that.
- Fill up the detailed information about yourself as directed and submit it.
- Upload the copies of your passport-sized photo and the copy of your identification cards(citizenship/passport).
- Click on ‘submit verification request’ and your account will be verified within a few working days.
How to load fund into eSewa Account?
To load fund into your eSewa account, you have mainly two options:
- Loading fund from authorized eSewa Cash Points:
To load cash easily into your eSewa account, you can visit any authorized eSewa Cash Points and load up to Nrs. 20,000 per day. To learn more click here( Cash IN).
2. Loading fund from different member banks:
Next option to load money into your eSewa account is to transfer amount from member banks’ accounts using mobile or internet banking. For that, you need to have a mobile/internet banking activated bank account. You can visit the respective bank to create and activate this service. Some of the member banks of eSewa are:
- NEPAL BANK LTD
- MACHHAPUCHCHHRE BANK LTD
- NEPAL CREDIT & COMMERCE BANK LTD
- RASTRIYA BANIJYA BANK LTD
- GLOBAL IME BANK LTD
- KAMANA SEWA BIKAS BANK LTD
- NIC ASIA BANK LTD
- PRIME COMMERCIAL BANK LTD
- SUNRISE BANK LTD
- PRABHU BANK LTD and so on.
As a sample, here you will learn how to load money into eSewa account from Nepal Bank Ltd using its mobile banking service. Note that, the process is similar for all other banks too:
- Go to your Banks’ app and log in to your bank account using the required credentials.
- Click on ‘Payments and Transfers’.
- Tap on the ‘wallet’ option.
- You will see ‘ESEWA’ option there. Click it.
- Now, you can fill the amount and the eSewa ID and click ‘submit’.
- Enter your pin and click ‘ok’.
Congratulations! the work is done and the money is transferred into your eSewa account. Now you can check your eSewa account to confirm the transfer.
In this way, you can create/register your eSewa account, verify it and load money into it from different member banks.